A Century In Photographs
1915 Independence Day Parade
Long before dogs in costumes, Miller Lumber’s horse-drawn wagon appeared in Bend’s 1915 Independence Day Parade.
1954 Bend Water Pageant
In 1954, Miller Lumber sent this float down the Deschutes River through Drake Park for the long-since retired Bend Water Pageant.
1939 Pine Tavern Opening
The Miller Lumber Company took out an ad in the paper to offer their congratulations and to announce the 1936 opening of Bend’s famous Pine Tavern restaurant.
By 1939, Studebaker trucks had replaced the dusty wagons of the 1910s.
1966, William E. Miller
In 1966, William E. Miller (Bill) assumed presidency after his father Ham’s retirement.
1960, New Location
In 1960, The Miller Lumber Company moved from their Wall St. location to a cutting-edge new building on Division.
The Bend yard has now been at its Greenwood location since 1995.
Becoming the first branch outside of Bend, Miller Lumber’s Prineville location opened in the late 1930s.
Continuing to spread across Central Oregon, Miller Lumber opened in Madras in the late 1940s.
Inside the hardware store, a knowledgeable staff helps customers find what they’re looking for.
Helpful Yard Personnel
The yard personnel are ready to help both contractors and those with independent projects.
2006 Distinguished Business of the Year
In 2006, The Miller Lumber Company was awarded the Bend Chamber of Commerce’s prestigious Distinguished Business of the Year award.